Friday, July 29, 2011

Comic Con 2011

What up, people. Here are some pictures from my recent trip to Comic Con this past weekend. Con this year was awesome. I picked up the usual artist books I get every year, along with some new books and a couple of prints. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to pick up any toys for myself. All of the specific ones I was looking for were sold out by the time I got there. I went on Saturday and Sunday. This year was particularly special because it was the Debut of Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3! I got a chance to get a few rounds in. The game is different enough from MVC3, but not so different as to where old school MVC tactics and fundamentals wont work anymore. I didn't get a chance to play as much as I wanted, but I'll be able to play again for sure because I'm going to Evo in Las Vegas this weekend! It'll be my first Evo, I'm super excited. For those of you that don't know, Evo is the largest fighting game tournament in the world. It's held once a year in Las Vegas. It lasts four days long, but I'll be there for the weekend only just like Comic Con. I'll post pictures of that as well as soon as I get back. Check out the pictures below, sorry the quality of some of them Had to keep moving. Peace.

Some of the artists that I got to meet:

Ronnie Del Carmen! I ran into him at Starbucks on the way to Con from our hotel.


Skottie Young! For some reason, I never bumped into him at previous cons. Finally found him!


Terry Dodson! I was able to pick up a limited print from him this year.


I am now a Jedi Action Figure.


Some cool toys that I wanted, but just wasn't in my budget. -_-

Mindstyle Manny


Mindstyle Mickey



The Mamba himself.


Nate Drake, Uncharted 3 version.


Kratos, the ultimate bad-ass.


Behemoth's booth was awesome this year. They actually had cabinets of their games!






AWESOME display by VW. They had an artist draw a Star Wars theme with black marker on an all white car, all 5 days of con. I took these pictures Saturday, he had been working on it since Wednesday.











A little outside Con, in the Gaslamp district, they had a Chuck Jones Gallery! We couldn't take pictures inside. There was a Conan O'Brien gallery across the street too but we didn't get around to going.



Kidrobot booth had a Dunny made of black board material and chalk set out for anyone that wanted to draw on it. There are pictures of me signing the back of it, but not on my camera. I'll post them up soon.


And of course, The Capcom Booth, Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3.


These are some pro's that I recognized playing at the cabinet behind us, including Mike Ross on the far right and Nerd Josh playing on the player two side.


Stephen


No comments: